Icebreaker Womens Comet Lite LS Shirt
Colour: lagoon, Size: S
Colour: lagoon, Size: S
Shipping: today, Delivery: 1-2 working days
Click & Collect option at checkout
Sporty short-sleeved shirt with strategically placed merino eyelet for ventilation and reflective bonded center back seam for visibility in low light.
- Material: Cool-Lite™, 50 % wool, 33 % Tencel®, 12 % polyamide, 5 % spandex (Lycra®), 155 g/m²
- merino wool
- Material: Cool-Lite™, 51 % merino wool, 34 % Tencel®, 15 % polyamide, 145 g/m²
- Cool-Lite™ fabric for comfort in warm to hot conditions
- With Corespun: Merino fiber is wrapped around a polyamide core for extra strength
- Crewe neck
- Offset shoulder seams prevent pack rub
- Natural cooling
- Strategically placed merino eyelet for ventilation
- Reflective bonded center back seam for visibility in low light
- Icebreaker reflective logo
- Slim Fit
- Center back length: 67,4 cm (size M)
- Weight: 170 g (size M)
The marriage of merino and Tencel® brings together two natural, low-environmental-impact fibers, resulting in an ethical innovation. Thanks to the high natural moisture content in Tencel® the body is kept cool in the heat, yet remains dry to the touch. Tencel® is 60-70 % cooler than merino fabrics and has exceptional wicking abilities, absorbing sweat quickly to keep the body at the ideal temperature without any feeling of dampness.
For extra strength Icebreaker added a polyamide core. Merino fiber is wrapped around this core which means you still get the softness of merino next to your skin. Merino corespun is 40 % stronger than industry standard.
Merino wool is a unique moisture and temperature regulating material. In fabrics made from merino wool millions of tiny air pockets in the fabric lock in body heat. At the same time, your body is cooled or warmed through absorbing or wicking body moisture, depending on necessity. The thermal insulation also works when the fabric is moist. The natural antimicrobial properties of merino wool delay the onset of body odors.
Tencel® (by Lenzing)
Tencel® is a natural cellulose fiber which is made from eucalyptus wood.Tencel® absorbs excess liquid and quickly releases it again into the atmosphere. 50 % more moisture can be absorbed by Tencel® than by cotton and it dries twice as fast as polyester. Fibrils are tiny components (little "hairs") which make up the fiber. The fibrils are hydrophilic and optimize the absorption of moisture with excellent cooling properties. Tencel® inhibits the growth of bacteria, has a smooth fiber surface and is very robust.